Thursday, January 13, 2011

So I'm the 2nd! Here's my upcoming work!

 Hey guys! So here is what I came up with for our "pattern" topic. I'm doing a piece called "Vacation Deprivation" - which sums up me at the current moment. I'm so longing for a beach, so I kind of went with the whole vacation on the mind idea. The messy hair from the deprived man is actually the relaxing waves for his alternate happy self. He's just chilling on a rubber ducky inflatable with a tropical cocktail in his hand...Ahh the life..

























Here are some photos of what it's looking like so far. I really want to make this piece bright and tropical. It'll be a light pink sky and aqua clouds. Hope you guys like :)

Cheers till the final piece,  Kira

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you've stylized his hair. I'll be interested to see how the top of his head works out...

    Maybe when you photograph it you could take advantage of the sculpture by shooting it at a more interesting angle than head on?

    Also... are the clouds going to be a 3D element? Playing with that could be really interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was thinking the angle will be slightly tilted up instead of straight on. The clouds with be flat paper cutouts, kind of like my Criss Angel piece with the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira, I like how the big guy's eyes are turning out. They've got this sad look of longing in them. I'm liking the size of the clouds too in the final sketch.

    ReplyDelete