Monday, June 27, 2011

Freedom is out of Fashion


This is my submission for June's topic "freedom is out of fashion." Sorry I skipped the sketch but in a way this image was very much a straight to final from brain (mostly because this month has also been nuts, not because that's good form). My thought was of "ornamental animals" like fish in a pond or birds in a cage that are kept more for decoration then companionship. This also occurs with exotic pets, when having a certain animal is "all the rage." I'd love to hear what you think. This is not the only colour combination but I haven't gotten around to printing the other set.

Cheers,

Jacquie

1 comment:

  1. I love how iconic this piece is. It's simplicity and straightforwardness works very well with the concept.

    I do feel that there needs to be a third color... maybe a color on the exotic bird? Just to emphasize how exotic and beautiful it is? Maybe a red, a color that's analogous to the orange you've used.

    This is great though! It could be a series of caged exotic pets. It's kind of a sad series to do too though... but if there was an article about that, the series would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete