Thursday, March 10, 2011

:S


This is really fast, sorry it looks rushed but I'm about to go to work. What I'm gonna do is a series of little spot illustrations.
My concept is to take famous paintings and portray them through emoticons.
I suppose I could say it's a commentary on modern societies inability to adequately portray emotion. Also that an increase in technological capabilities has led to a decrease in traditional ability within the art community.
Mostly I thought it was funny...

I'll post some refined roughs in a few days.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Kate, I love the concept! It looks great. I think this could come out really funny, I can't wait to see it finished. The Mona Lisa and the Scream are my two favorites right now, closely followed by the Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really funny too! It's clever and simple; really great concept.
    The van Gogh one makes me laugh soooo hard!
    I need you to make them into buttons/pins so I can own one. Yeah thanks, next week alright for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilariously brilliant my friend! I second Chelsea's button suggestion :D Can't wait to see the finals.

    ReplyDelete